Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Disneyland 2014

It's hard to write about Disney without using the word magical, and for good reason. The place IS magical. I swear, I spent a good portion of our time with tears in my eyes, looking around at all the happy, smiling faces having the time of their lives. Hank and I remarked a few times just how rad Disneyland is- you can be a little kid, or a very old person, and it's totally cool to throw on a pair of mouse ears (or floppy Goofy ears or a pink princess crown or a big furry monster hat) and just have FUN. No judgment, no one making fun of you for totally nerding out. It's awesome.

The sights, the smells, the little details around every corner....everything about Disneyland makes me happy. And walking around for a few days with having fun being the only major thing on our to-do list was really wonderful. It was a wild few days too, as I'm sure you can imagine it would be in a totally over-stimulating place with a four-year old. The first two days were great, but the third day was a lot more challenging. More meltdowns, more bad behavior- a culmination of so much sugar and fun that I had a feeling day three might be a little funky. But we got through it and ended our last night watching the fireworks, Charlie strapped to Hank in the Ergo, Henry snuggled up in the stroller, taking it all in.

I'll write another post that will include some details of what worked for us on this trip from the hotel to the parks (let me know if you have any specific questions or requests too!), but for now here are some (more like a million) photos from all three days, thanks to my trusty iPhone. xoxo


12 comments:

  1. Oh my, I can totally relate to this! I had a similar first experience at Disneyland-- magical is the word.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Magical is definitely the word! SO happy you had a great first time. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness! I'm getting warm fuzzy nostalgia feels by looking at your photos! Disneyland is THE BEST during winter! I grew up living 10 minutes from Disneyland and would go every chance we could as kids and we loved it. You are giving your boys such special memories! They will remember these times fondly for years and years to come!

    Annie
    The MAMA Gazette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie!

      I can only imagine how amazing it must have been to grow up so close to the park. Love that! Thanks for stopping by. <3

      Delete
  3. Ahhhh these photos are so great. I'm taking my daughter for her 4th birthday in April and I've already been planning like crazy. Right now my main concern is the stroller. I can't decide if I should bring a stroller for her or not. I get mixed reviews from people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that freaks me out that I had just been there, your words resonate so much with me. I'd previously been to euro-Disney but went here on my honeymoon last month, and you are so right that the place is pure magic. Two adults with no children had just as much fun as the kids I think, and it's a place that makes memories that last a lifetime, no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so lovely!!! i always adore your pictures & your style Danielle. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower even though I'm so super jealous of you in disney !
    I love Florida Disney and cant wait to take my son one day. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter's the same age as Henry and I just renewed our annual passes after not having them for a few months and it was crazy how much more she was able to enjoy in such a short time! She's still not tall enough to go on the radiator springs ride though :/ Did you see Disney Junior Live? I have the whole script memorized because we've seen it so many times haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your beautiful photos make me want to go! It does look like a truly magical time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Danielle,

    I found your blog today and I really want to extend my deepest gratitude for your writing. I specifically stumbled upon your blog via the post about being a heavily tattooed woman in a not-so tattooed world. I come from a culture with similar attitudes towards tattoos - my immediate household, though not particularly tattooed, being rather indifferent to them, while the well-to-do albeit still rather average, middle class families in mid-atlantic suburbia scorning people like me, people who cover their bodies in art. I, too, grew up with a deep-seated fascination with tattoos, although I never saw myself as being a "tattooed person" -- and now here I am. Met with very little resistance from my parents, I got my first tattoo when I was 18. My first tattoo very quickly turned into my first couple of tattoos which very quickly became my first thigh piece, and so on and so forth. I just started my half-sleeve this past weekend which is not only my most visible tattoo, but also one of my largest (the thigh piece holds that title, but as you know those are much easier to cover). I am enjoying this shift into becoming a "tattooed person" as you have it, and it is so, so, so deeply comforting to me to find someone with such a similar relationship to her tattoos. You have most certainly earned a life-long reader! Thank you so very much for being someone I feel I can relate to - it's sometimes hard to find that in this world. The public opinion of heavily tattooed people fitting strictly into that biker, gangster archetype can sometimes contribute to this sense of alienation I find myself sometimes experiencing as a tattooed person because I don't fit into those categories. For what it's worth, reading your posts brings me comfort. You are someone I feel I can confidently look up to and say: "This is what I will look like as a tattooed mother. This is what my tattoos will look like for the rest of my life." You rock. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I so badly wished I would've met you + your family! My husband called me and said, "Hey! That blogger girl you follow just walked past me!" but I was in line for the tractor ride with our 2 year old in Carsland! So happy you all had a magical time! :)))

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips