Monday, January 26, 2015

Currently.


Reading: I've made it a goal to read every night before bed. I always feel better when I end my days looking at the pages of book instead of my computer or phone, so I have a nice little stack of novels (both virtual and paper) next to our bed. There are a couple from this list, but I also picked up The Circle by David Eggers and No One Belongs Here More Than You by Miranda July. Have you read either?

Thinking about: So I've talked about it a couple of times and it's in my Instagram bio, but some of you might not know that I went back to work this past summer as the Social Media Coordinator for Ergobaby and Orbit Baby. I work remotely so it allows me to still stay home with the boys which I am incredibly grateful for. It's interesting though, because if you've been reading Sometimes Sweet for awhile you know that I used to say that I never wanted to go back to work! It's funny how we get these ideas in our heads of what we are supposed to be doing or how things are supposed to be, but then those things shift. I really enjoy what I do, and as busy as I am now it's been the best thing. It just still makes me smile to myself to think I foolishly said "never ever." Yet another lesson learned.

Listening: So I had to open up my Spotify and take a look at a few of the playlists I've been listening to. I have a mix I put on whenever I'm blogging or working, and it includes these three albums all in a row- Little May's Little May, Dustin Tebott's Bones, and Explosions in the Sky The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place. I've super particular about what I listen to when I'm writing, but these three albums never bug me and put me in a good place! Really any Explosions in the Sky is my main go-to writing music, but this album in particular is one of my favorites. Some other current albums in heavy rotation: Childish Gambino's Camp, Hozier's Hozier, and The Gaslight Anthem's Get Hurt.

Watching: Parenthood. No spoilers, I promise, but oh my goodness I’m so sad the show is ending. I know every show has to end at some point but I’m so not ready- I feel like we need a few more seasons to wrap everything up. I haven’t had too much time to watch television but I have made time for my favorite ridiculously silly show, The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. It’s almost embarrassing how much I enjoy all of the Housewives shows, but I especially love this one. My favorite would have to be Lisa Rinna. Is anyone else watching this season? She’s just such a breath of fresh air and I love her! And on the topic of shitty television, I tried to watch The Bachelor again this season and after the first episode I was really excited that maybe I could get into it again...but I just can't do it. I think maybe the Bachelor ship has sailed for me. Sad!

Planning: Hank and I have been planning our hikes and camping trips for this spring and summer and I'm really excited. Last year we spent so many of our weekends outdoors and nothing makes us happier. We have a couple really special trips planned for this spring both in and out of Arizona and as much as I'm trying to enjoy this cold weather now, I'm really looking forward to it warming up a bit. Once we complete our list, maybe I'll share it here too in case you're local and want to check out some of our favorite hikes, or explore some new places too.

Loving: being in LA right now and this amazing "winter" weather, learning new things at work, Facetiming with the boys when I'm gone and coming home to them when I'm away, tons of sister time, watching Henry skateboard, finding new, inspiring IG accounts to follow, reading nonstop, eggs and bacon for breakfast, Charlie and his every-growing vocabulary, and long car rides with Hank.

So, how about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "Currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments for everyone to check out.

25 comments:

  1. I love these Currently posts, I might join you in these round-ups posts. They look like the best way to keep me focus and living in the moment.

    Rita
    heyrita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita!
      And you should- they're really fun! :)
      xo
      Dani

      Delete
  2. I always enjoy your currently posts.
    I've followed suit and started adding a "Currently" post to my blog as well. The latest is here: http://sarahesh.com/2015/01/currently-4/

    All the best,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! I can't wait to check it out.
      xo
      Dani

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your new job! It sounds like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Whitney! :) It really is!
      I hope you have a great week!

      <3

      Delete
  4. I read The Circle. Ooooh it's a good one and really stirred up a lot of anger for me. But I still really enjoyed it. I'm sure you will too although it might make you want to disconnect. Ok no spoilers....ha ha. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! Thank you for no spoilers! ;) I'm well into now and totally loving it. I will keep you posted...

      Delete
  5. I love Lisa Rinna, too! Her interviews are hilarious. She is always laughing at herself. With the addition of Lisa and Eileen, it's so clear that Brandi doesn't fit it in with these ladies. The last couple episodes were just the demise of Brandi. Ah! I love the RHOBH the most for so many reasons, but most of all because the story lines aren't all about girl drama and fighting. I'm also a big Parenthood fan, so sad to see them go. I kinda like the way it's wrapping up, but definitely agree with you that there is so much more for all of them. Lol, that's my tv round up ha! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay why aren't we friends? I could have written this myself! ha! Totally on the same page, girl.

      xo

      Delete
  6. I tried watching The Bachelor this season and really just couldn't get into it. I love Lisa Rinna on the RHOBH too! I'm trying to watch this season but honestly sometimes I get so annoyed with Brandi, I almost don't like to watch the show. But I feel like the RHOBH is probably my favorite out of the Real Housewives shows!

    I decided to make a currently post on my blog! :)

    http://catsandcappuccino.blogspot.com/2015/01/currently.html

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Chelsea! :) Heading over to check out your post right now! Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I've been watching Parenthood lately too. I loved Gilmore Girls and wasn't sure I'd like seeing Lauren Graham in anything not Gilmore-ish, but it's really good!
    -kellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally agree! I love her.

      Thanks for stopping by Kellie! :)

      Delete
  8. I've read No One Belongs Here More Than You and it's great! I love Miranda July. She just recently released a new book, but I haven't read it. We have the same Ergo and use it every day! :)

    Kelsey
    Chaos Parade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm so glad to hear you love her. I've only just discovered her writing and I'm hooked. :)

      Delete
  9. i love this post! i posted one today :) http://www.sometimesalwaysneverblog.com/2015/01/currently.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Whitney! Thanks for sharing- off to check out your post now.

      xoxo

      Delete
  10. Finally someone else who loves Gaslight Anthem!! That's my go-to band for writing. (I write romance novels and somehow GA always helps me channel the hero point of view.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesss! Best band ever, ever! Have you seen them live?

      xo

      Delete
    2. I have sadly not! I would like to, though. I watch the concert videos with them on Youtube and they're very talented.

      P.S. I am a new reader of your blog within the past month and I've been going through your archives. Thank you for sharing your life here--particularly important to me as my husband and I decide to enter the whole "trying to become parents" caboodle next year. I've enjoyed your posts and I find that I'm always a little more optimistic after reading your blog.

      Delete
  11. I cried my eyes out when the last episode of Parenthood was on.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love getting new suggestions for books. And I really love the idea of posting about what you're currently doing. I might have to add something like it to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey this is a beautiful post, i really enjoyed reading it. I have just found your blog and it is beautiful, one can draw a lot of inspiration from it. I have taken this wonderful idea and done a post over on my blog too. So thank you for sharing. Tanita x

    http://www.justmotherhood.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love these currently posts! Your the first person I've seen who's done these and I wrote my own here: https://lifeofamberl.wordpress.com/2015/03/05/currently/ I mentioned your blog at the bottom and I'm hoping to write more currently posts soon! Thanks for the inspiration, I'm always unsure of what to write about, I'm still a newbie blogger! :0

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips