Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January Favorites


[a favorite January outfit]
 
As we wrap up January I thought it would be fun to share a random list of some of my favorite things from this past month. If I received the product for free I put a little * next to it, but by no means am I writing about it because I have to- these are truly things I’ve been loving and I want to share with all of you!

1. Two Natalie-recommended beauty products

I decided to put these two things into one because they’re both items my friend Nat recommended to me! She’s my go-to beauty guru and always finds and uses the best stuff. The first thing is Tokyo Milk’s "Let Them Eat Cake" perfume. I used her solid version oft this on a recent girls’ trip and fell in love. It smells SO good and the scent didn’t bother me at all like some perfumes do, so I ordered the liquid version as soon as I got home and I’ve been so happy with it. Next is Dior’s Addict Extreme lipstick in Sunset Boulevard. I tried on Natalie’s and felt like it brightened my face right up. It’s a really pretty color- not too red and not too loud, so you can wear a light application for day time, or heavier for nighttime. The consistency is great too- a little glossy and not drying at all. Super pretty. 


So I try to wash my hair every 3 days or so- anymore and my hair is way too “clean” too often which I hate. This cream has been a really awesome addition to my hair routine. I feel like it gives me more body and more shine while at the same time holding my curl/waves a little better. I’ll use it after I spray CatWalk’s Root Boost at my roots- I’ll simply squeeze out a small amount into my palm (like a quarter-sized amount) and work it through root to ends, then blowdry. 


I never knew I needed a pair of wireless headphones until I got them and now I feel like I can never go back. These are the BEST. I use them while I’m working and writing, while I’m lifting, when I’m traveling, you name it. I would say the most convenient thing for me has been the working out aspect. It’s so nice to not have a cord in the way while I’m lifting weights. The battery life is also super long which is a huge plus for traveling. Earphones (both in ear and over ear) have a tendency to bother my small ears but these are very, very comfortable. They are definitely on the pricey side- I got mine via a killer Black Friday deal- but if you’re in the market for new headphones and these are in your budget I can’t recommend them enough!


I haven’t ever been a leggings girl. I always felt weird, like a version of my 1980s self with leopard print leggings, a baggy shirt with one of those plastic shirt clips to one side, and a scrunchie in my hair. And although I wear “legging” type pants for working out, as far as everyday wear I just couldn’t do it. But before my New York trip last week I really wanted to wear something super comfortable on the plane so in a moment of “fine I’ll try them” I purchased a pair of the Zellas. And WOW! I’m totally a convert. I do love my Lululemon, but I love that these are a cheaper option with similar quality.

5. Individual Organic Wholly Guacamole cups from Costco.

See? I told you this list was random! These little cups have been the BEST thing ever. For $11.75 you get 20 100-calorie portions of avocado. 100 calories sounds like such a small amount, but it’s actually a great size and is perfect for one person. I use them for everything- along with chips for a snack, in a salad, as a side dish to my breakfast, you name it. I love that I don’t have to gamble with “bad” avocados and although nothing really beats a fresh one, these are a great convenience. 

Enjoy! xo

8 comments:

  1. Always enjoy your lists...Never tried wireless headphones, but I think I should! :) And wholly guacamole? Sounds perfect! (Wish our avos grew year-round but not.) Much aloha to you--

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! :) I think you should too- the third comment down has similar sentiments to me...you don't really realize how much you need them until you try them! haha.

      xo
      Dani

      Delete
  2. Loved this little round-up of products! I must pop by a Dior counter and try this lipstick. I really like how red-ish lips look on people excepct me. Maybe I haven't found the right shade yet.

    Rita
    heyrita.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! Totally try it and let me know what you think! I also don't always like super red but def. love this shade.

      <3

      Delete
  3. I love my beats headphones too... you don't think they are really necessary, then you get some and they rock your world!!!

    www.ohheyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY!

      Thanks for commenting, Megan! Have a great night. :)

      xo
      Dani

      Delete
  4. Those leggings look amazing. Thanks for linking to the guac. Those are perfect for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the Living Proof products I've tried. The 5-in-1 treatment is great. I've been using the no frizz line and it's great. Love this list!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips