Friday, January 30, 2015

Weekend Links

You guys! It's been so long since I've done a Weekend Links post and I'm really excited to share one today. I hope you enjoy what I've put together.

Just 20% of Republican women want to see a female president.

Are you planning on seeing the Fifty Shades movie?

Yes: Stop complaining about the 'January People' at the gym...

How to avoid gossip in a small town.

Problems Carrie Bradshaw would never, ever have today.

15 places that should be on your travel bucket list.

I always enjoy reading Megan's Currently posts.

Growing Up Meant Learning How to Wear Red Lipstick.

"But Swift, who loves to do things like surprise fans with Christmas gifts and give them cash for dinner, seems less interested in actual female collaboration and partnership than the appearance thereof."

I can't wait to see this movie. And this new Netflix series!

I love this so much. It makes me sad that I don't see people reading "real" books as much anymore. I use my Kindle about 85% of the time myself, so perhaps I should work on picking up a paper book more often.

And finally, to fall in love with anyone, read this.  And to fall out of love, do this...

Have a great weekend! xoxo


  1. Love the "January people" piece - this is my current pet peeve on Twitter!

  2. Absolutely no plans to watch Fifty Shades of Gray. I leafed through the book and have no plans to read it, either. And I'm a book lover.

    I don't have a Kindle, but I do have a huge collection of real books. :)

    I thought the gossip link would be about how to stop people from gossiping about you, but it's how to keep FROM gossiping. Definitely more possible. I don't think the former would be likely. We live in a community of about 1200. Couldn't stop people from gossiping any more than you could stop them from breathing.

  3. Oh! That's an adorable quote, and so sweetly put together. I am sharing it on FB (linked to you of course, immediately).

  4. I need to get on that travel list. I have only hit 2 but there are several on my bucket list already.

  5. I was genuinely thinking earlier about how I hadn't seen one of these posts for a while :) Great links as usual.

  6. I just wanted to say that I love your blog. I've been reading it for years. You've inspired me to start my own :)

  7. Jamie Dornan is beautiful, but I know that I can't watch 50 Shades. The excerpts that I have read from the book have really disturbed me. It's not the kink aspect at all, but the relationship itself. It seems so unbalanced and frankly, screwed up. It scares me to think that people read the story and think that it's an accurate portrayal of a bdsm relationship or that it's a healthy way to "play." This link set me off recently and I haven't been able to stop thinking about it.

    1. I have so many friends in the romance writing community who do write BDSM and they're all appalled by Fifty Shades of Grey! So you're not the only one who thinks that.

  8. I sincerely hope that the 20% from the WAPO link is the result of the Republican party simply not having enough strong, viable candidates from the party


Blogging tips