Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Valentine's Day with Pear Tree Greetings


Some of my fondest memories are from Valentine's Day as a kid at school. I can still remember going to the drug store with my Mom and picking out a box of Valentines for my classmates, poring over every one before finally making my choice. My Little Pony, Rainbow Brite...in the '80s these were the best! Then there were the mailboxes we'd make, set atop our little desks in our 1st, 2nd, 3rd grade classrooms, waiting to be filled with those tiny white envelopes from our friends. At home my Mom would make special Valentines projects with us too- a heart for Dad, a card for my Grandma. Doilies and ribbon, glue sticks and scissors, and folding the red construction paper just so, to make a perfect heart. Memories!

This year Henry did a mix of all three things- we've been doing some fun crafts at home and at Pre-K, he picked out some store bought special items for his buddies, and then we also went online to Pear Tree Greetings so he could choose Valentines for school- they have the cutest Valentine's Day cards for kids! He took a long time to choose- and in the end it came down to these and a rocket ship lollipop holder, but Robots ended up ultimately winning. We've been spending some time every night working on writing his classmates' names, and it's been really fun to have this little project to work on together.

Thank you to Pear Tree Greetings for providing the adorable cards for Henry. And friends, use code BEMINE15 for 15% off + free shipping. Happy (almost) Valentine's Day, everyone! xoxo


*this post was brought to you by Pear Tree Greetings

6 comments:

  1. Those are adorable! Pear Tree is the best. :) We used them for a little Valentine's Card this year too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly Ann! :) And right? I was surprised at what a great selection that had! <3

      Delete
  2. awww, those are so cute!! I miss those Valentine's Days in school too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! Take me back! ;)

      Thank you for stopping by! <3

      Delete
  3. These are so sweet. The robots are fun and love that he is working on writing each classmate's name on the valentines. Hope he enjoys handing them out!! Have a wonderful Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate wishing time away, because I already feel like I blinked and suddenly had a two and a half year old. But little things like this get me so excited for when August starts preschool. He has a group of friends from my Stroller Strides group, and all the kids exchange valentines. But at one and two years old, lets be honest- it's more for the moms at this point. I was happy to see that Target had a pretty wide selection of cards without cartoon characters on them, as well as little treats that weren't candy or food.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips