Monday, April 20, 2015

Me, According to Henry.

photo from this past Fall - an oldie but a favorite of the two of us

By Henry, age 4 1/2. I asked him the questions and he gave me the answers -

1. What is something Mommy always says to you?

I love you and be kind.

2. What makes Mommy happy?

Charlie and me and Daddy, she likes to be outside and to go running. And cooking and eating makes her happy too.

3. What makes her sad?

When we don't listen or are mean.

4. How does Mommy make you laugh?

When she reads to me in funny voices and plays animals with me on the floor.

5. What was your Mom like as a child?

Probably a rascal like me!

6. How old is your Mommy?

10 years old.

7. How tall is your Mom?

She's small, not very tall.

8. What is her favorite thing to do?

Be a mommy! And also read books and dance with us.

9. What does your Mommy do when you're not around?

Errands! And probably talk on the phone to her friends.

10. If your Mom becomes famous, what will it be for?

Growing her hair really long (haha...what?!)

11. What is your Mom really good at?

She's really good at being nice and fun and extra good at dancing.

12. What is she not very good at?

Staring contest, she laughs and I win almost every time.

13. What does your Mom do for her job?

Work on the computer, keeps us safe, protects the babies!

14. What is Mommy's favorite food?

All the veggies.

15. What makes you proud of you Mom?

Being a good Mommy.

16. What is Mommy's favorite thing about Daddy?

The smile he always has on.

17. What do you and your Mom do together?

Hike in the woods, read books and try to make sure Charlie doesn't climb up the bookshelf.

18. How are you and your Mom the same?

Same color hair and we both like sandwiches.

19. How are you different?

She's a grown up and I'm a kid, but we're really the same a lot too.

20. How do you know that Mommy loves you?

Because she tells me all of the time and always says yes when I want to read another book.


Aww! This was fun! I think next time I'll make this a video, but I'm happy to have these answers written down somewhere.



  1. Oh, this is just the sweetest thing I've seen all day :) loving your claim to fame there too ;)

  2. Oh gosh do I love this!! Made me smile :) I'm going to share a link to this post next week on my blog, I'll shoot you a tweet when it's up!

  3. My daugher did something like this in preschool and when asked, "how big is your daddy?" she responded, "a medium sized tree." I about died :)

  4. that's legitimately the most adorable thing in the whole wide world.

    xo, allie

  5. This is so adorable and such a great idea! Kids are too funny in the way they explain and answer questions.

  6. Aw, this is sooo awesome! My favorites are the staring contest one and where he says you're 10 years old. Great post idea!

  7. That really is the sweetest post I've read in a long long time, especially the asnwers for 13,16,19...I mean, he is not even 5 and already so reflected and thoughtful :)

  8. This really is the sweetest thing I've read in a long time. Especially the answers for No. 13,16 and 19. I mean, he is not even 5 years old and already so thoughtful and reflected. Very cute! :)

  9. This is probably the cutest thing I've ever read!


  10. My goodness this is PERFECT. I needed this today! I have a five year old little girl starting kindergarten in September, and the crushing realization that her "babyhood" days are numbered is shaking me to my core. I absolutely adore that the connection between you both is so clear, and that he can articulate all these answers so simply and thoughtfully....and you will have them forever! I will be doing this with my Bean soon for sure...I hope you find it as flattery not, well, plagiarism.... ;) I've enjoyed following along your blog, it is one of my regular reads!

    Caryn Casterline
    The Moments
    IG: @themomentscollected

  11. Oh my, this is the cutest! I may have to do this over on my blog! So darling!

  12. Love it! Absolutely fantastic and totally stealing this idea!

  13. Awww this is the sweetest! What a lovely boy you have!
    Lol... there is a lot of dancing at your house by the sounds of it!

  14. This post was so so sweet!


  15. #5 melts my heart; "probably a rascal like me" This is perfect! I love the idea of asking your child questions about yourself :)


Blogging tips