Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Goodnight, Sleep Tight

So for the past couple of years Hank and I have been talking about getting a new mattress. Ours was pretty new, but it just never seemed to do the job right. It was too soft, left me with an aching back a lot of the time, and I never felt like our bed was a super comfortable place I wanted to be. But I was super apprehensive to order a new mattress because I had already failed once at choosing one! I figured we would just live with it...and we did, but not ecstatically.

But then a couple of months ago 4Sleep contacted us about trying out one of their new mattresses. Skeptical as always, I said yes but told them if I disliked it, I would not and could not post about it. But guess what? I LOVE IT. No really, Hank and I have never ever ever slept so well, so comfortably, you name it. I waited over a month so I could give you a really good review of something we used for more than a few nights. I swear you guys, I've had the best sleep of my life over the past few weeks and I CANNOT recommend this mattress enough.

First things first, it arrived in a box, which was mind blowing to all of us. Henry got the biggest kick out of it and laughed in disbelief when I told him the new bed was inside. But low and behold, out came our mattress! It's packaged so you simply cut the plastic with the safe blade (included in the shipment) and then it opens up, right where you want it. It was quick and easy and a minute later we had our new bed.

We're in the middle of a bedroom redo (new floors and paint, followed by new furniture), so for now the mattress is on the floor. The boys love it! I could seriously go on about how happy we are with this mattress, but I also wanted to share some of the features from the 4Sleep website I think are really neat and absolutely worth quickly reading over if you're in the market for a new mattress:

The 4Sleep mattress uses advanced memory foam that actually pulls the heat away from your body and down through the mattress.  

The Cover: 
Removable cover is made with the same type of material as high-performance athletic clothing. The fabric is thin and durable by design, so as to allow increased breathability and cooling. 

The Layers:
The Sensitive layer: This remarkable layer of gel memory foam keeps you cool but also has the ability to transfer heat back to your body so that you maintain a consistent, optimal sleep temperature range of 87° to 90°. 
The Responsive layer: This instant response foam is the "motion control layer” because it works together with the other layers to strike a balance between boosting movement and bounce, while absorbing energy. The minimized motion transfer between partners is paramount. When you move on the mattress you won’t feel stuck, but more importantly, the energy from your movement won’t transfer and reverberate through the mattress.
The Energizing layer: This 1.5” layer is super resilient foam has been specially engineered to perfectly map to your body’s unique pressure points as you move throughout the night. The result is superior pressure relief and support. This prevents your body from sinking or cratering or getting “stuck” in your mattress.
The Supportive layer: This premium high density support foam maintains the correct balance between conforming comfort and proper support. 

That's a lot of info I know, but before the mattress arrived I read it all (and there's even more here) and was like okay...we'll see about that. Hank and I did not have high hopes, and I think that came from our old mattress just not being the best for us. We figured that our "okay" sleep was normal and that's just how it should be. But after sleeping on the 4Sleep bed for a month I can tell you that it's a whole new world when you get really good, peaceful rest. 

I sincerely hope all of you check out this company if you're in the market for a new bed. It's also worth noting that they do do a 100-day trial period for you to test out the bed in your home too, which is great for anyone like me who gets nervous about such a big purchase. Next, I hope to get one for Henry and Charlie, because I know they'd love it too. And good news, I'm giving a mattress away (any size!) over on my Instagram now. Hurry, hurry...it ends on Friday!

Happy mattress shopping! And thank you 4Sleep, we truly love you!


  1. My husband and I are really hoping to get a new mattress in the very near future and seriously considering one of these mail-order ones so I'm happy to read a review from a blogger that I trust!
    Also--LOV-ING the kids-in-beds photos. They're so gorgeous. :)

  2. I was actually just contacted a couple of days ago by them to review one of their beds on my blog and have been a little skeptical about it, but my husband and I also desperately need a new bed so I'm excited to give theirs a try!


  3. They already have your pics up on their website ;) And we desperately need a new bed too. Only we have a California QUEEN sleigh bed. Which my boyfriend spent months refinishing - so we dont want to give it up, but.... its really, really hard to find a California Queen mattress. BOO :(


Blogging tips