Monday, December 7, 2015

Cooking with Blue Apron...Again!


So I have to tell you guys how much I really, really love Blue Apron's meal service. This is the third time I've posted about them here but we've continued to use and love it so much. I'm someone who really enjoys cooking but I often find myself in cooking ruts, making the same things over and over. Blue Apron is a really great way to mix it up, and also learn how to cook foods you might not have had experience cooking in the past. This go-round, for instance, I learned how easy it is to cook butternut squash. It might sound silly but it always intimidated me, but after using it in the recipe I will definitely make it again. Super easy! And on a side note, every recipe can be made in 40 minutes or less which makes it doubly easy.

Each time we have used Blue Apron Hank and I remark about how awesome it is to be able to try out recipes we normally wouldn't go for. Last week's Baked Butternut Squash Mac & Cheese was definitely not something I would normally choose to make, but it turned out SO well and the whole family was blown away with how delicious it was. Every single time we've cooked with the service we've felt that way, no joke. One of the things I really like now is that all of the packaging is recyclable, and now Blue Apron even offers a send-back service, where you can send everything back for free, and they'll recycle it for you (learn more here). Love that.

We'll continue to use Blue Apron (I can't wait to try their Beef and Barley Risotto and the Meatloaf!) and each time we see that box waiting for us on the front porch I think it will always be exciting! The boys love helping too. Now that Henry is beginning to read, he loves being my little sous chef and following the directions along with me.

And equally exciting, Blue Apron is offering 2 free meals to the first 50 people when they sign up- click here for the offer!

Have you used Blue Apron before? What was your experience like? I know for us, we're hooked, so if you haven't yet tried it, definitely give it a go. They have both 2-person plans and family plans, so there's something for everyone. Enjoy, and happy cooking!

3 comments:

  1. Oh man, that mac & cheese looks so good; I wish my husband didn't have food sensitivities so I could make it!

    And that little fan is a genius way for littles to cool down food!! I may just have to hunt one down for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you had a lot of fun making that and cooking together, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That mac and cheese looked good but this looks even better :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips