Wednesday, February 17, 2016

5 Reads for February

(Flashback! Look how little Henry is here. So sweet...)

I saw a meme the other day that made me laugh- it said something like, I go between two extremes, I either read for four hours straight or not for four months, there is no in between. This is me so often. Right now I'm so busy with everything else that reading has taken a backseat and it makes me SAD! I've been traveling a lot, and usually that means a lot of reading time...but I've been working like crazy so any down time I've had while going from here to there has been used for that. However when I don't read I just feel kind of off...so this list includes 5 books on my list I intend to begin asap! Kind of hard to talk about books I haven't yet read, so I'm just going to share a TINY bit as not to give away anything to myself, or to you. So let's just call this my book wishlist- a list of books that look great to me, and maybe you'll like too. I'm starting the first one tonight- you should read along with me!

Enjoy, and happy reading. xo

1. The Forgetting Time

This one looks great. From Amazon: "Author Sharon Guskin opens her debut novel with a captivating story of a single mother's unstoppable desire to help her son understand his very real memories from another life that constantly haunt him." Sounds good, yeah?

2. Dear Mr. Knightley: A Novel

Another debut novel! So fun. This one looks to be all about an English major who receives an anonymous offer to put her through a prestigious writing program, all in exchange for writing the donor letters about her experience. Twists and turns ensue...

3. Upstairs at the White House: My Life with the First Ladies

This looks so intriguing to me! It's a first hand account of everything that went on in the White House, at least from the point of view of the author, former Chief Usher. The summary mentions the Nixons and the Kennedys, so I'm sure it's bound to be interesting. On my list for sure.

4. Most Talkative: Stories from the Front Lines of Pop Culture

This this might induce some eye rolls but I don't even care! I've been meaning to read this book forever, and it just popped up on Amazon, so I think it's a sign. I love all things Bravo, so this book, written by Andy Cohen himself, is right up my alley. I cant' wait to dive in! Anyone else a Bravo fan? ;)

5. The Revenant: A Novel of Revenge

And this one might be the one I'm most excited to read. I've been wanting to see the film (Hank loved it), but then just the other day I saw it was originally a book! So of course I have to read it first. All I know is what I saw in the movie trailer, which isn't much...so I'm going to leave it at that. Have you read this one? Thoughts?

Enjoy, and also feel free to add in any of your wishlist titles too!

xo

6 comments:

  1. Two fantastic books to add to your list: Island of a Thousand Mirrors by Nayomi Munaweera and The House I Loved by Tatiana de Rosnay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need some new books. These do look interesting and a few our new to me. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My stepson got me The Revenant book for Christmas and I plowed through it in two days when I was sick. It was super intense, but REALLY good. My book club just read Z: A Novel of Zelda Fitzgerald and I was surprised at how much I liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I read The Forgetting Time recently and loved it - hoping to hear what you make of it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Mr. Knightley is great! One of my favorites from 2014. I highly recommend Gold Fame Citrus by Claire Vaye Watkins (if you liked Station Eleven and/or The Handmaid's Tale) and The Truth According to Us by Annie Barrows (like a lost Carson McCullers), two of my current favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading "The Book of Speculation" and it's got me hooked. I'm not a huge fiction person to begin with and definitely not usually a fan of stories that are literally impossible in real life, but this one is so fascinating. And a bit creepy, but not in a terrifying way. If that makes sense?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips