Monday, February 1, 2016

Let it Snow!


This winter has been SO snowy, and we’re loving it. The other week some girlfriends and I headed up to Flagstaff for the evening to see a band play, and caught the tail end of a huge winter storm. It had just passed through town and it was one of the most magical, snowy scenes I’ve ever witnessed! Four feet of snow, everything white…it was amazing. When I returned home I knew Hank and I had to go take the boys to see it, so a few days later we packed the boys up and headed north.

It was such a fun day. We went to one of my favorite secret sledding spots (email me if you want to know where it is! ;)), and had the best time playing until we were too cold to play anymore! It was really one of those times I think I’ll remember forever- and definitely an afternoon I’m happy I captured in photos. Henry isn't in too many of them because he was busy FLYING down the hill on his sled all day, but that's all part of the how amazing it was too.

I lived in Flagstaff for almost five years and I think it will probably always be one of my most favorite places. Even just driving up the 17-North gives me a happy feeling in my stomach, and I feel lucky it’s such a short drive away. It’s gorgeous in any season, but this particular winter has been exceptionally beautiful. It snows in Prescott, but not to this extent, so it really does feel like a while different place, although it’s just an hour and a half away. 

Here are some photos from our snowy day- enjoy (and try to ignore the non-uniform white tone of the snow...it's driving me crazy!). 

xo

ps. see my coat here, my boots here, and Charlie's coat here


9 comments:

  1. These are absolutely gorgeous. What a wonderful afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Danielle! The boys look so sweet enjoying the snow. I wanted to let you know that I have a really difficult time reading the gray type in your blog posts. I always have to highlight it so I can read it more easily. I'm not even 30, so I don't think my vision is going yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there! Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry! Can you tell me what browser you're using? I will get this fixed! :)

      Thank you for telling me! xo

      Delete
  3. What GoPro do you have? Ours doesn't take such high quality photos or videos. Womp.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! It looks like so much fun! Sadly we've only had one snowy day of play here. Hopefully we'll see some more before the season is over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you guys do! If not, maybe a trip to Northern AZ is in order! :)

      Delete
  5. Hi Danielle,

    Are you using the pancake lens for these shots? Looking into getting one!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips