Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Sundays are for Hiking.



If I could just hike and camp and explore with my family everyday for the rest of our lives, I'd be happy. It's funny how we grow and change, as we get older. I've talked about it before, but growing up I wasn't a huge nature person. We camped and hiked sure, and I played sports outdoors constantly, but I never had a need or urge to be in the forest, by the ocean, or just lay in the grass. Now though, I feel like I have a nature cup and it must be filled all of the time! When it's not, I just feel weird.

So anytime I get the opportunity to do a post and work with a brand to share our love for the outdoors and being active, you can count me in! We love working with Rack Room Shoes (see previous posts here and here), and this time around we partnered up to talk about their Athletic Shop, which outfitted the four of us in these adventure-friendly sneakers. All Nikes, which are my personal favorite for everyday active shoes.

On this day we headed up to one of our favorite trails to get in some exercise. Charlie has officially graduated from being worn to never ever wanting to be worn (sad!), so both boys are off and running whenever we head out on a hike. I LOVE Nikes for them, and us too- but for the boys they've been the perfect choice because they support their feet but also give them flexibility to run and play. Rack Room has been our go-to for shoes over the past couple of year sponsored post or not, because they have the best deals and best selection. Their rewards points are great too. The pair the boys have on come in velcro for the little ones, and lace up for Henry's age. Then Hank and I chose Nikes for ourselves too, new pairs of our fave runners (Hank's and mine). Although mine are more of everyday errands, running, school drop off...you get the picture. ;)

Anyway, on this particular Sunday it was 60ยบ and sunny, and although there was still snow on some parts of the trail it really did feel like Spring was on the way! Our Sundays are our special family day, and now that the weather is just beginning to warm up I'm getting that familiar excitement about all of the fun on the horizon. I've been daydreaming about all the outdoor activities we'll be enjoying in just a couple of months, and this was such a good way to usher in the sunshine. Yay for Sundays, and yay for hiking (and yay for Rack Room too)! See you on the trails!


This post was shared in partnership with Rack Room Shoes.
Additionally, all four sneakers are c/o Rack Room Shoes.
Thanks for reading! xo

4 comments:

  1. I love the Rack Room shoes in my mall! Oh my goodness though, these pictures are gorgeous. Your lighting in on point :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! So gorgeous! My girlfriend and I are making it a goal to hike 12 different trails in Shenandoah National Forest this summer.

    And those camo shorts on Henry? My 3-year-old son has the same ones. You'd think he was familiar with camo since his dad and I are both Army, but nope. He is adamant they're not "camo" but are "TREE" print shorts. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the shoes you picked! i want to get myself some black nikes soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely photos! I haven't been hiking in forever <33

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips