Thursday, March 31, 2016

March Favorites


Today is such a great day- it's the day both my Mom and one of my best friends was born! So yay, March 31st. And to other March babies reading this, happy birthday to you too! I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorites from this past month- I always love finding new, fun things from the women I follow and subscribe to, and I hope you can find at least one item from this group you want to try too!

Here goes-

1) These hiking boots.

The weather is warming up which means my hiking boots are back into almost-daily rotation (pictured above during today's hike). These boots are my favorite. I've tried a few different pairs but I always go back to these- they're super supportive, very comfortable, and are high enough that my ankles don't roll out in the event I misstep. I've worn these on every major hike I've done over the past couple of years, including trekking all over Yosemite. And not one blister! If you hike, you need these. Comfy, great tread, great support.

2) These Nikes.

More shoes! I recently picked up a pair of these because I loved the print and I had nothing like it. I have been trying to move away from Nike running shoes because I don't think they're great for running at all, but then I tried these on and fell in love! I've never worn a more comfortable sneaker. I have other Nikes and none of them fit like this- I'm definitely hooked. And how cute is the print? For reference I am almost always a 6.5 but almost always wear a 7 in Nikes, including this shoe.

3) This beauty gadget.

I ordered it on a whim after seeing it online featured in numerous glowing reviews from bloggers I trust. It's pricey, yes...but after using it for a month I really do think it's worth it. I'm almost 34, so I've been focusing a lot on skin care. I've pretty much kicked the acne (outside the typical monthly hormonal zit or two), so now I've turned to really working on anti-aging. This little device works by using microcurrents to firm and tone your skin. I CAN tell a different for sure, after using it about 4-5 times a week for the past month. I feel like my skin just looks fresher and younger and I can see a difference in how tight it feels. Have you tried this little tool? Also let me know if you guys would like a more in depth review of this- happy to share!

4) This fannypack. This one too.

What? A fannypack? These are my go-tos for hiking and running, and while out today I was thinking about how much I love both of these little packs. The first one (pictured above) is something I strap on whenever I'm hiking, and usually use it along with my backpack too if I need to have things in quick reach. But when I'm not out with my backpack, it's the perfect size for my keys, phone, and GoPro if I'm bringing it. Plus, it's on sale for $17! You need it. The second pack (or belt if you want to get technical) is for running and I swear by this thing. It's the ONLY running belt I've tried that doesn't creep up or annoy me in any way. I wore this training for Seawheeze last year, and wore it during the race too. It fits a phone (even my big 6S+!) and is extremely comfortable to the point you'll forget you have it on.

5) This tank top.

Every once and awhile I'll find a SUPER amazing piece at Lulu, and want to buy every color. This tank in particular has become my new favorite (along with this one, but it's now sold out), and I can't recommend it enough. It's the perfect length and very flattering. The material is airy and doesn't get weird, chafe, or ride up while working out- plus, the back shows just enough to be cute, but not too much that my almost 34-year old self feels silly. Plus, there is NO built-in bra, which I love.

Okay, those are my five favorites for March! Do you have any faves you'd like to share with me? ;)

6 comments:

  1. You recommended that running belt to me last year, and I love it! You're right - you hardly notice it's there, but it holds everything perfectly. I've been so happy with it, so thanks again for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that pair of hiking boots. I've been using a trusty (and not getting a bit ragged) pair of Teva sneakers whenever I go out adventuring. Partially because I view most hiking boots as hefty, but those look far less bulky than most!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm definitely intrigued by the Nuface. I'd love to hear more about your experience with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely getting the running belt - I've thought about investing in one of those and/or a hydration pack for my half and full marathons this year.

    And the Nikes made me seriously look into other shoes, because my feet have THE lowest arches and while I can usually go through a lot before they start to hurt, I want to try and rebuild what little arch I have left!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like Merrell and Nike. Merrell is unbelievable wear resistant and Nike is cute, light and so comfortable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have those Nikes and they are amazing! Also, I've been wanting to try the NuFACE... now I might take the plunge :)

    Your blog is always a fun read - thanks, Danielle!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips