Monday, April 11, 2016

A Quick Weekend in LA

This past weekend in LA was SO chock full of goodness, that I wanted to get it all down before I forget. I’m actually writing this on the plane ride home from Fresno, which makes totally NO sense…but it will when I explain.

I headed to LA on Friday for an Ergobaby event taking place on Saturday. It was a rainy day, and as much as I love to travel it was one of those hard goodbyes. I think the gloomy weather made it worse- I just kept thinking about staying home and cuddling up on the couch with the fam for a Friday night movie. Sad. So my heart was aching a little extra, but I did download a new book to read my I took my mind off of it while I waited for my 2-hour delayed flight. I actually didn’t end up getting into that book, but I DID fall in love with a different one that I’ll be finishing this week and sharing more about as soon as I finish it.

So I eventually arrived in LA, met up with Nicole, and we headed over to the hotel. I always stay at The Line when in LA, and can’t recommend it enough. The rooms have the BEST views- see below- and the hotel itself houses one of my fave LA restaurants- the Commissary (pictured above). Seriously, check it out next time you’re in the area. It was an early night- we checked in, grabbed dinner with Christina, and then I went to bed around 8:30pm. THE BEST! I wish I could go to sleep that early every night! The next morning, I set my alarm for insanely early so I could get a run in before our event. I shared this on Snapchat (user name: danihamp) and a couple friends sent me snaps back like, what the HELL are you doing up at 5am! But long days require a good start, don’t you think?! I wanted to stay in bed and snooze an extra hour but I swear, that run made my day 100x better.

The event was at The Fig House, a really rad space right in LA. The event was put on by Mom dot Me and ClubMomMe and was highlighting Ergo’s new carrier. The Adapt is AWESOME, and is a carrier that accommodates infants-45 lbs kiddos without the use of an infant insert. Hence the “Adapt” name. Very cool. The day was SO fun of all sorts of stuff from Joy Cho and Dr. Sears speaking, Erica from The Mama Circle, product demos, nails and pamper stations, the list goes on. There were celebs (always fun) and lots of yummy treats and cool baby gear to check out. Plus, I got to hang out with one of my friends Kelly, who I don't see enough.

After the event I headed back to the hotel where Brenda was waiting for me! Because there wasn't a late enough flight to Prescott, I had to stay the extra night, and we decided to do a fun birthday dinner for B while I was in her neck of the woods. Megan snuck away for for the night too, and we hit up Sur. Fellow reality show fans, it was SUCH a funny experience. We didn't see Jax or any of the regular crew, but we did see Max working away, as well as the older manager. The food was excellent, and it was a really fun night. Like the old ladies we are, we called it a night at midnight and headed back to the hotel.

Sunday morning we woke up and Brenda and I went back over to Beverly Hills to do some shopping. To be honest, I don't really love shopping in "real life," and much prefer online...but it was sure fun to look! It's such a pretty area and we had a nice, low-key morning eating good food and walking around. I'm glad I got some relaxation in before my night of hell! Haha. So I get to the airport later that day to find out that my flight is canceled! Not even delayed...just canceled. Apparently the pilots didn't show up or they couldn't locate them, or something. Whatever the case the only option was to fly to Fresno, then onto Phoenix, then up to Prescott. A LOT of hassle to get home. In retrospect I should have just asked for my money back right there and then re-bought on Southwest, but it was all a blur and at the moment I just wanted them to fix it and get me home. Luckily there was another woman there early with me, and she turned out to be the mother of one of my former students! She was SUCH a blast, and what should have been an annoying day turned out to be a very fun one hanging with my new friend. And when we eventually made it to Phoenix, she and her husband drove me back up to Prescott so I could avoid waiting another 2 hours for the next available shuttle. Angels!

So, I'm home now...and SO happy! It was a great trip, although every time I go to CA I'm kind of torn. Parts of me can totally see us loving living there and the other half wants to hightail it back to our little town as soon as possible! It's such a nice contrast though, to be able to go work there every month or so, and I am forever grateful to be working with such inspiring people.

Below are some photos from the weekend- enjoy!

oh and ps. some outfit details: see my black Madewell dress here, and the tan dress here.



  1. Such cool photos!
    1. Have you started The Nest? I'm seeing it pop up everywhere and I feel like it's either the universe telling me to read it... orrrrr this book has an incredible marketing team. Hahaha.
    2. Your. Eyelash. Extensions. Are. GORGEOUS.

  2. Yikes, that trip back home sounds like no fun at all. It is always better when you make a new friend, though!

  3. It's so crazy how you can read something and to someone else, one of the little details might be just that, little details, but to you it might take hold of something you've been thinking about. You mentioning getting up early to run was a necessary slap in the face for me. I've been giving myself excuse after excuse to not get my workouts in lately. We are in the midst of moving and we are getting married in 12 days, and I keep telling myself "I just don't have time." But when it's something necessary, you make time. Beautiful post, but also, thanks for the motivation. :)

  4. Amazing post, as always. Have just added you on Snapchat too! I love little holiday weekend wrap up posts like this, you make everything sound so wonderful. Love that nail colour, too!

  5. Hey there! I've got a question about online shopping vs. in person. I like the idea of doing most of my clothes shopping online, because I just don't enjoy going from place to place in person searching for clothes. On that note, do you feel like you have to return a lot of purchases? or exchange? Most of my online shopping has worked out, but I feel like if I did most of my clothes shopping online there'd be a good chance I'd need to return or exchange a lot of things.

  6. Girls fashion and their age are always inversely proportional. You have fantastic stuff on this blog that keep the girls young and beautiful with you fashion tips. Being a fashion artist I really appreciate your efforts and work.
    Love from Royal Lady


Blogging tips