Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Our Weekend, On A Wednesday

As much as I never wanted to give into the micro-blogging sensation of Instagram, I totally have, without even realizing it. It struck me today, that I rarely blog about everyday stuff anymore. The occasional Currently post, yes, and of course the essays that always mean so much to me, but the reason I even keep this blog up (or at least the intention I set when I began), was to document life so I always had it to look back on. With Instagram I have that, but I always think to myself- this is just an app- and I would much rather have my memories here, where they are on my site that at least feels a little more permanent. Anyway, I was clearing off the photos from my phone when I thought about this, and how I need to get back to it. Because I don't blog nearly as often as I once did, it sometimes feels like if I share something, it has to be really special. That's so silly and self-debilitating though, right? And plus, this is special.

So, our weekend!



Big group date night on Friday- we went to El Gato Azul. They have really delicious tapas and it's just a fun place to go, big group or not. If you're in our neck of the woods and decide to check it out, be sure to snag a patio spot- it's way better to sit out there! A few of my favorite dishes: the fried goat cheese, the pecan and goat cheese on pita with honey drizzle, and the ceviche.

The next morning we headed to our little local Farmer's Market. This is the winter market, so it's a bit smaller, but there are still so many fun booths and delicious food. We met up with my friend Lisa and it was a really fun start to the day. Side note- I got a ton of questions about my top. You can get it here on sale AND for an additional 25% off until tomorrow evening. And if you love Free People and Madewell as much as I do, it's a great time to get an amazing deal on top of a deal here and here!



That night I had a girls' night with Brooke and Adie. It was SO much fun- drinks at the Barley Hound then onto Whiskey Row for the night. Lots of dancing and silliness...and laughing until our faces hurt.

The next day was my Mom's birthday celebration so we headed down to meet them halfway at Rock Springs Cafe. The meal was okay, but the pie was awesome. And isn't it just beautiful there? All in all an amazing weekend full of friends and family. I couldn't ask for anything more.

I hope you had a good one too. Birthday celebration pics below.

xo

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I started my little blog for the exact same reason!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yassss, love this! I recently had a similar epiphany. I do the whole Project Life® thing (which is memory keeping in and of itself) and share all of those projects on my blog. Well, I totally unintentionally stopped writing everyday posts and my blog became a repository of pictures of pictures, essentially (photos of my memory keeping projects). But I started blogging for the same reason – to keep a living archive of my family's history, experiences and adventures – I've started to shift back to writing posts that align with those things. It just feels...better, to know that I have everything in that one space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been doing the same thing! Time to get back to the blogging...

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips