Friday, April 29, 2016

The Boys' Playroom



I have been meaning to do this post FOREVER, and I'm so happy I finally snapped some photos, if only to forever capture this room in its cleanest state. So this is the boys' playroom. To give you some perspective, this is the front living room- we had no use for it as a front area sitting type of space since we already have a family room, so we decided to give it to the boys so we could have a contained area for them to play. It's really awesome, and I enjoy having a place to send them while I'm cooking dinner, etc. It's been a work in progress- and a work in purging! Too many toys is the very worst, and even for Henry's last birthday we requested friends donate a toy we could bring to Toys for Tots. I know you parents know what I'm talking about- those little cars seem to multiply no matter what you do, and last year I said enough is enough! Now we just keep things that can be contained inside bins or boxes (they have a huge container of cars in the closet out of sight also), and life is so much happier! Less is best. That's kind of the way I went with this room too- I wanted lots of bright, open, airy space that would be conducive to imagination and room to play. The boys love it, and I do too! Scroll through to see all the photos, and sources and notes at the bottom. A big thanks to Wayfair and Land of Nod for being a part of this room redo.


Sources:
Fusion shag rug (8x10)- c/o Land of Nod
Wire ball bin- c/o Land of Nod
Table and chairs- c/o Wayfair
Gallery Art Rails- c/o Land of Nod
Kitchen- IKEA
Book display- c/o Wayfair
Beanbag- Target
Shibori pillow- Urban Outfitters
ABC print- Snugg Studio
Open shelving- c/o Wayfair
Number bins- Target
Adventure banner- c/o Juney House

A few notes about the items too-

I get a lot of questions about this rug. It's stayed in perfect condition since we got it- I just don't allow shoes or food in the playroom so it's no big deal. It did shed a bit when we rolled it out, but after 4-5 vacuums it subsided. This is probably the best rug I've EVER owned and I can't recommend it enough. It's truly beautiful and amazing quality. Plus, it's incredibly soft and perfect for the boys to play on.

The open shelving is the best. It's incredibly affordable and easy to put together. Another must-buy, in my opinion and something that I tend to get a lot of questions about as well. Definitely check this out if you need extra storage.

The table and chairs is another really great surprise. It's quickly become the boys' favorite place to eat (when we move it in the kitchen) and work at. It's the perfect height for both my very tall 5 year old, and Charlie, who is almost 3. The stools stack and the whole thing is very light and easy to move, yet well made. Highly recommend.

xo

20 comments:

  1. Their artwork hanging up is too cute - that dog (?) with bandaids gave me the biggest smile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Amanda! And isn't it sweet? A Henry original! ;)

      xo

      Delete
  2. I love how bright and open this room is! The mini book display is adorable and would be a must on my list if I had any kiddos of my own!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahh! so lovely! my favorite part? the t. rex. every childrens room needs a reliable dino toy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Couldn't agree more! :) Thank you for reading! xoxo

      Delete
  4. This is a great space. I love how neutral it is - it can totally grow with them as they get older. Add a couch and a TV for movie nights and friends over and you can be the house where everyone hangs out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a good idea Brianna! It's so crazy to imagine that one day! Thank you for stopping by! :)

      Delete
  5. Love the rug! Great playroom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to find the best toy storage for our playroom to contain things & keep them off the floor! I like those with the wire baskets!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca! We have them in the boys' rooms too! You should def. check it out. xo

      Delete
  7. I love that little table and the price is so reasonable. I have been on a hunt for my little girl for while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you get it- we really love it. :)

      Thanks for stopping by Emily!

      xo

      Delete
  8. So cute girl! I bet the boys loving having this special space just for them. And what a GREAT freaking rug!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! And I know right, it's my FAVE! :)

      xo

      Delete
  9. I love it! Where did you snag that solar system print?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Hannah! I don't remember- I think Urban Outfitters a long time ago! :)

      Delete

 
Blogging tips