Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Currently.



Reading: Okay so I started this book. I loved it at first...like really loved it! I was certain this would be my next great book. But then it started to kind of slow down, get a little redundant. And then I realized I was only 30% through it. I really love the writing- I've found myself holding my breath through parts of it - so I am going to try to power through this evening, and hope maybe I was just in a weird mood. Usually when a book gets like that for me, it's a no go, but I want to love it so I'm going to keep at it. Here are the next two up on my list: one and two. I've been on the memoir train lately. How about you- read anything good recently?

Listening: I've been on a major electro kick, which I totally blame on the increased running I've been doing. I have a "Run" Spotify playlist I constantly add music to, and lately it's all been stuff I find through playlists like "Festival Faves" or "Coachella Bangers." HA! It's got me thinking though...do you think Coachella would actually be a fun experience? I know I'm a little (okay a lot) past the prime to go, but I'm thinking of convincing some of my girlfriends to check it out next year. I think the only way to do it would be to rent a beautiful Palm Springs house to escape to when it got too windy, or dusty...or loud! Have you ever gone? Thoughts?

Working out: A couple months ago I downloaded the Sweat app by Kayla Itsines. You may be familiar with her "Bikini Body Guide" or BBG for short- it's all over Instagram. Although I have to say...we all already have a bikini bod- just put one on! ;) I do love her programs though, and I was really excited to finally try the app out. I have been looking for something I can do at home, because with our crazy schedules it's not always easy to get to the gym. Some weeks I can make it there 5x no problem, but others just a couple, and I wanted something I could easily do here as an option. And this app is the best! I actually can't say enough good things about it, and it's fully worth the $20 a month. I don't follow her food plan, but I do do the workouts, and they WORK. Seriously, if you are in the market for an at-home workout, this is worth trying. The workouts are actually just 28-minutes a piece, and you do 3 a week. I'm not sure if you do more as the weeks progress, but for me right now it's 3, then cardio 3x a week, and recovery. It's all very doable but very very hard and I can totally see a difference in my body and how I feel. Seriously, try it!

Going: I have two big work trips coming up- New York and Utah! I can't wait to go back to NYC. I love it there, and it's always been such a happy place for me. I couldn't ever live in a city, but I sure love visiting them from time to time. We'll be in Brooklyn for five days, and right down the street from my sweet Emily. I'm so excited to see her and enjoy spring in the city. I typically go every summer and have my tried and true faves, but I always love to hear new suggestions for great food, drinks, whatever, so feel free to share!

Doing: We're currently in the process of getting our house ready to sell, and move onto something new. We're in no rush at all, and we're still deciding if we want to build or patiently wait for something we love to come on the market. In the meantime we are tweaking all sorts of things around the house. We recently added a backsplash in the kitchen, and this week we're painting the exterior. It's so fun dreaming of what's next for us, and it's a really good exercise in patience for me too. And on a home sidenote- did you click through the links under the photo up top? This nightstand is the BEST. It's heavy wood (arrives all in one piece- no assembly required), and such a good price! I can't recommend it enough.

So, how about you? What are you up to today? Feel free to do your own "currently" post on your blog and link back in the comments for everyone to check out.

21 comments:

  1. I remember you recommending YA novels in the past and if you're still a fan then I would highly recommend A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas. The sequel, A Court of Mist and Fury, came out yesterday and I devoured it . Major, major book hangover today. Good luck with house hunting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the recs! :)

      Delete
  2. i love your "currently" posts! so much so, that i started doing them regularly. it's a fun way to reflect and share with family and friends. <3 thank you for the inspiration!

    www.mrsmamaink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yay! You're so welcome. Thank you for reading. :)

      Delete
  3. I loved North of Normal. Have you read The Glass Castle? North of Normal is like the Canadian version of it ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have and loved it- so I will def. check this out. Thank you! :)

      Delete
  4. All the stuff featured in your bedroom looks great!

    I did the BBG last year and couldn't believe how quick the results were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) And isn't it crazy! I'm VERY surprised too!

      Delete
  5. the nightstand is lovely!! I'm currently reading Cameron Diaz's second book. You should if you haven't. its very good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jade! I've never read any of her books- was the first one good?

      xo

      Delete
  6. You inspired me to do currently posts and they've now taken off all the way over here in South Africa :). I love your beside tables!

    Here's mine http://www.3kids2dogsand1oldhouse.co.za/2016/05/03/currently-30/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy that's awesome! :) Can't wait to check it out!

      xo

      Delete
  7. I've been looking for a fitness app, so I think I'll definitely check that one out. Quick with quick results is what I'm looking for since I don't have time for hour long workouts.

    My Currently post I did last week http://www.dinosandbunnies.com/currently-friday/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The workouts are so short and totally work. Keep me posted!

      Delete
  8. Moving can be so exciting. I remember when you were patiently waiting to close on your current home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, that is SO cool you've been reading for that long. Thanks for sticking around! :)

      Delete
  9. Coachella is fun. I've been twice: once in my 20s and once in my 30s. Totally different experiences. The music is always great though and nowadays there is lots of fun celebrity spotting. It is crowded and HOT and not easy to get into and out of the venue, so you are sort of in it for the whole day. If you want to rent a house, PLAN WAY AHEAD :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tips! hah! Thank you so much. It's a huge MAYBE...so we will see! Thank you for reading. <3

      Delete
  10. Wendy C Ortiz is amazing! I interviewed her for Lunch Ticket literary journal right out of grad school! She's so talented.

    She is widely published in CNF and poetry but gorgeous essay (Mix Tape, I think) in The Coachella Review a few years ago really made me a fan!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips