Monday, June 13, 2016

New York, New York! Part Two.

Last week I shared all of the photos Morgan snapped at the Ergobaby event in Brooklyn, which is the reason I was out that way. I typically visit the East Coast every summer, but because we have so much going on this year this counted as my yearly trip "back home." And I know, I've lived in Arizona for more than half my life now, but the East Coast still feels like home whenever I'm there. Plus, one of my oldest and best friends Emily lives there, so it's an added bonus whenever I get to spend time with her. I just love it.

We stayed in Brooklyn at the Fairfield, which was in walking distance to our event space- 501 Union. It was such a pretty walk- I love Brooklyn so much, and anytime I'm there I'm always texting Hank telling him how we have to move there. Those brownstones are just amazing!

We arrived Thursday to get working- we had a walkthrough, gift bags to stuff, huge boxes to go through, etc. etc. In between all of that work we were able to squeeze in some fun things here and there: treats from Momofuku Milk Bar, a couple yummy meals, and some hang out time with friends at night. I also got to see my Uncle Brian and cousin Daron for lunch which was fantastic.

One of my favorite things was the pizza place Emily and her family took me to- Speedy Romeo. The pizza was SO good and the salad we had beforehand was amazing also. That's one of the best things about traveling for me- all of the different food choices! I love Prescott but we only have a handful of restaurants we love, so getting to try so many new spots is always a treat. Emily was of course one of the best parts of the trip for me. I'm able to see her and her fam (who feel like family to me!) just once or twice a year, and although I wish it was more, we always make it count. Em actually spent her first night away from Penny with me this visit, and it was neat to share that milestone.

Some other highlights-

-The event itself was really amazing. This was the second "Mama-to-Be Morning" we put on, and I'm always so inspired working with our team. We had a great time that day and the turnout was awesome. I got to spend time with my sweet friend Ana, see my longtime friend Jen in person again, and catch up with so many East Coast blog friends. It was awesome.

-Being in New York is always super inspiring. Have you ever been? There's just something about it, especially Brooklyn, that always makes me feel so happy and creative.

-Our Madonna Yoga class. Read more about that below!

-We had our wrap dinner at the loveliest restaurant- for the life of me I can't remember the the name! But it was magical. We laughed, we cried, we passed a gratitude crystal. haha. It was the perfect ending to a wonderful long weekend and work trip.

See below for lots more (and outfit details!) under the photos.


My view as we landed at JFK. Amazing, right?

My travel outfit: comfy sweater from Urban Outfitters, these AG jeans, the best sandals, and my favorite hat from Gigi Pip! I usually travel in workout clothes but this was just as comfortable.

I used an app Emily recommended to me and had sushi waiting for me at the hotel when I arrived! It's so funny how different big cities are, from where we live. At that time of the night all restaurants would have definitely been closed here!

The breakfast spot that Erica found- Five Leaves- was insane. SO good. I got the avocado toast and it was next level. Highly recommend!

Okay now THIS yoga experience was one for the books. Here's what I wrote on IG immediately after: "Here's Em and me, before we knew we had *actually* signed up for a 2.5 hour, very hot, glitter-filled Madonna dance and yoga class. (I just thought it was yoga set to Madonna songs). A magical man in red sequin short shorts led us through a practice that started with three rules: breathe. Love your breath. And fly your freak flag. Our evening included: flipping off anyone who has ever wronged us at the top of tree pose, a dance circle with mandatory butt smacking, and singing along to Madonna as loud as we could. By far the most interesting, sweatiest, glitter-filled class I've ever been a part of. And every time we thought it was just kept right on going. But it was SO FUN!" It was truly the weirdest fitness class ever, but at least it was memorable!

Doing our venue walk-through the day before. Such a pretty spot.

Walking with my sweet Erica! If you don't know Erica, you have follow her on IG. She's a doula and chef (amongst various other hats), and is about to not only publish her first book but also launch a really exciting project. Find her here. And don't you love the print on this Ace & Jig dress? These ankle boots are a staple in my closet as well.

All of the gift bags- the totes are from Savage Seeds!

This is Jen- one of my long time internet-turned-real-life buddies! She's the sweetest and it was so good to see her. See my white dress here. It's the most comfortable dream of a dress, ever. Also, these Dolce Vita heels are my favorite. You can find Jen's Madewell overalls here as well.

Here are our rad documenters- Jenner Brown and my friend Morgan Pansing. So much talent in this photo!


  1. When I saw you were in New York on Instagram/snapchat, I was so excited to see all your posts about it! I've never been to the Big Apple, but it is most definitely a must now :)

    Shivers + Crickets

  2. I'm always wary of trying yoga because I don't have the focus but a crazy 2.5 hours filled with Madonna and glitter sounds like my kind of yoga class! Would have to give that a go if I was ever in the area.


Blogging tips