Sunday, September 25, 2016

Baby #3


Some of you may know that Hank and I have been going back and forth about having another baby for the longest time. You could ask me one week, and I might tell you "hmmm, maybe...but not now." Or another week it would be more of a no. That week would probably be characterized by the boys being crazy and me feeling like adding another child to the mix would be insane. But then we went to Switzerland and had 10 days all to ourselves...and had all the the time in the world to make a baby. Haha! Sooo, we ended up bringing home the best souvenir there is- a Swiss-made baby!

We are SO excited. We found out right after the 4th of July and I probably wasted a million tests taking them way too early. Switzerland had been the first time since having Charlie we just didn't prevent getting pregnant, so it was almost a little unbelievable to me that we actually came home with a baby. I had a sneaking suspicion though, so I kept buying those dang tests and taking them days before I should even be doing so, until one morning I saw the faaaaaiiintest line. I'm talking barely visible. I immediately brought it out to Hank and was like, DO YOU SEE THIS?! AM I CRAZY?! And he confirmed the faint line. I of course took two more (maybe three), and lo and behold, the line was definitely there! AHH!

So here I am, 15.5 weeks pregnant and due March 2017. We are definitely finding out the sex of the baby, and if you asked me today, I'd tell you I think we are having a third boy. Before I got pregnant I SO wanted a girl, and if we had a girl I would be over the moon, but once I actually became pregnant it was such a calming thought to know that whatever sex we are having, he or she is already growing and thriving! We're just excited to meet this little person that will be the most welcome addition to our family.

I'll be back soon to talk more about how this pregnancy has been different/the same from my previous two- I have so much to say about it. I'm just SO excited to finally share the news. I entertained the idea of not telling at all, and just showing up online with a baby one day (haha), but it's been hard for me to want to post anything without talking about it, so I'm really happy to be out with the news.

March (and this baby!) will be here before we know it! 

xo

Board gifted by Letterfolk.

25 comments:

  1. Congratulations! So happy for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! What great news. I hope you have a happy, healthy pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for you all-- congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! March seems to be a very busy month for babies, as I & and another close friend of mine are also expecting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting! Congratulations sweet Mama.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations all the way from Australia!!! This is the best news ever. I stumbled on your blog when you were pregnant with Henry and have followed your journey on Instagram. I am so happy for you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations all the way from Australia!!! This is the best news ever. I stumbled on your blog when you were pregnant with Henry and have followed your journey on Instagram. I am so happy for you and your growing family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, fabulous news x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So happy for you and your family! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg this is so exciting! Congratulation for you and your dear family! You guys are gonna have a blast. Can't wait for another update. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to you and your growing family!

    We are also expecting our 3 baby end of March and - after emigrating to Switzerland beginning of this year -this will also always remind us of the magical time we had here. I'm so looking forward raising our "little cross" surrounded by all this beauty and peace in one of the most fascinating places of the world and already see the great impact it has on our other two wildlings <3

    All the best for you
    Saskia xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats!!!

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just new it ! Congratulations ! So happy for ya'll !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats! I know SO many people having March babies-- you are in good company :) - Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! Congrats to you and your growing family. Can't wait to read all about your journey. All the best and tons of love :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. congratulations you guys!! : )

    this is so strange, but I remember being on my lunch break while I was working as a lifeguard and reading your news about being pregnant for the first time w/ Henry, and being unreasonably happy for you - how fast time flies!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to you guys. What an incredible souvenir from your Switzerland trip! :D <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. yay, so exciting! congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wishing you a healthy and uneventful pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations to you and your family!! I am also due in March and had a terrible first trimester. So glad to be in the second. What a wonderful blessing a baby is. <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congratulations!!!! I'm so thrilled for you!

    ReplyDelete
  22. congratulations! i've been reading your blog for a few years now and this makes me very happy for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! So amazing! Been following your blog for a while now and I know you would love to have a big family. I'm 40 weeks tomorrow with my 5th (first boy amongst 4 girls) and I just love our big family.

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips