Thursday, September 29, 2016

Our Current Favorite Children's Books


We are in such a fun place right now with books- Henry is officially reading on his own and Charlie is loving it more than ever. If you've been following along for awhile you know what a big role reading plays in our lives (see our special hashtag on IG here), and the rotation of books on the boys' nightstands is always changing. Together we picked out these five books to share with you all- they're our current go-tos for bedtime and everything in between! I hope that you pick some up for any kiddos you have in your life, and enjoy the happiness to come.

1. The Pout-Pout Fish. This book brings the LAUGHS every time we read it. The first time we read it (the blub, blub, BLUB part- you'll know what I mean when you read it), they were dying from laughter. Each each time we've read it they laugh just as much. I love it. It's a cute book with smart writing, and a great addition to any home library.

2. Gaston. This is the best book ever and aside from it being one of the kids' long-running favorites, it's my most favorite kid's book too! The illustrations are phenomenal, the story is so enjoyable for kids and adults alike, and there's a totally sweet message too. If you get one book from this list, let this be it! And great news, there's a second book in the series coming out this February.

3. We love ALL Mo Willems books in this house, but recently The Pigeon Needs a Bath has taken front and center as the favorite. Another book that will have your kids laughing so hard, and you'll be right there too. I love books like this that appeal to all ages, and it's just a sweet, funny story that keeps little ones entertained from beginning to end.

4. Leonardo the Terrible Monster. This is another Mo Willems book but totally different than the Pigeon series. It's a cute story about choosing to be a good friend. And like all Willems books, the illustrations and story are equally fantastic.

5. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone- the illustrated edition. Henry and I are about to start this, and it will be our first chapter book that we'll read together! We're both so excited. I've had the book on hand for awhile, and the other day he spotted it and asked if we could start it. So fun, right? I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

Happy reading! xo

ps. see my boots here (my most favorite ankle boots ever), and my dress here! It's so incredibly comfortable- and perfect for Fall. :)

8 comments:

  1. I love the pout pout fish book as well but unfortunately my little peanut does not. She's only 15 months and prefers a shorter read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you read "Rainbow Fish"? It is one of my all-time favorites, and sends a great message about friendship and sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work with a children's book company, so this makes me happy happy happy! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love great books for children and am always looking for new ones to read. Thanks for sharing these! I'll be sure to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Piggie and Gerald books by Mo Willems are a favorite in our house! Those were the first set of books that read just click for our daughter. She always wants to check them out from the library, even though we have read them all 100 times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Try Memoirs of a Goldfish!! Hysterical. My boys love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Pout Pout fish is one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Knuffle Bunny will always be a fave in my house.
    Check out "How Martha Saved her Parents from Green Beans" - its hysterical!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips