Almost six months pregnant and I've really been enjoying finding clothes that work with my pregnant belly this time around. It's so funny how things change as the years go on- I was pregnant with Henry almost seven years ago and not only did I find it hard to find pregnancy-friendly clothing that I actually liked, I was still working as a teacher and covered my tattoos everyday. Tattoo coverage plus bump coverage was not the easiest thing to do, and I remember feeling frustrated a lot. With Charlie it was easier, but I still didn't really embrace just wearing what I already had! This time around though, I think the third time is a charm and it's all kind of seeming easier. OR maybe it's that I have so many more flowy items in my closet already! Whichever it is it's been really fun seeing this baby grow and dress accordingly.
Rack Room Shoes has been a long-time partner of Sometimes Sweet, and I love them for a few reasons- they always have a great Fall boot selection, they have amazing customer service, and their BOGO is insane- they actually have a "Buy One, Get One Free" starting this Friday that includes 150+ styles so be sure to check it out. They have a ton of the short booties I love for an amazing price, and you can shop using their new app as well. For this special post I picked out two pairs of boots- these gray Franco Fortinis and brown Madden Girls. I like them because either can be worn with jeans or dresses, and each pair is super comfortable. Highly recommend!
I also wanted to share some of my tips for pregnancy dressing. I'm no expert, but here's what I love:
1. Maternity jeans. I think it's SO important to invest in one really nice pair of jeans. I didn't do this the first time around and ended up wearing uncomfortable jeans for almost a year that didn't make me happy at all. With Charlie I spent a little more and got one pair I loved, and then this time I did the same. My most favorite are Paige Maternity jeans, and that's what I have on below.
2. Tunics or short dresses over jeans. A lot of the dresses I have in my closet are just too short to wear on their own with a pregnant belly, but layered over jeans they're just perfect! Long tunics work great too, and this is the easiest and most comfortable thing to wear in my opinion. No inner thigh chafe (pregnancy problems, it's true) and a great way to be able to wear a lot of your closet throughout your pregnancy. See the top I have on below, here.
3. Flowy non-maternity dresses. I hardly like any true maternity clothing- although Hatch is AMAZING- so finding loose dresses is key. The one I'm wearing here in particular is the big winner for me, both before pregnancy and during (after too!). I have this Free People dress in a few colors and just really love it.
4. If you are going to go the maternity route, one of my favorite places to shop is the maternity section at ASOS. They have some lovely items that don't look "maternity" and are really cute. I love this dress, this dress, and these pants! They also have a lot of great nursing-friendly items too, like this dress.
5. Leggings! Finding the right leggings are key. I've mentioned this in a previous post (and today's IG story!) but I love Lululemon's Align Pant. They're high waisted and super stretchy. Give them a try if you haven't yet found the perfect pair of comfy pants.
I feel like I could go on about this topic but I'll stop here, and share some photos! I had fun snapping these, and I keep thinking about how much I would love to see more pregnancy pictures of my own Mom. Hopefully baby girl loves these too.
This post was shared in partnership with Rack Room Shoes.