Thursday, December 22, 2016

December's Favorite Things


This has been a month FULL of goodness. I love Christmas so naturally this is one of my favorite months, and this entire month we've spent mostly at and around home, which has been extra wonderful. I have quite a few things on my "favorite things" list that I'm so excited to share with all of you...and I hope you find a new favorite to love!

ps. my jacket above is one of my favorites- it's from two seasons ago, but find similar coats from BB Dakota here. And you can find my snowboots here as well! The Caribous are the very best and so incredibly warm.

Here we go-

1) Dohm sound machine

Okay people, if you take one thing away from this post, take this. This thing is SLEEP-CHANGING! Over the past year or say I've posted a few times about our 4Sleep mattresses. Yes we still love them, yes they've changed our lives (best sleep ever), and I still encourage everyone I know to get one. Hank and I have always slept with some sort of white noise. We have apps on our phone, and the boys also sleep with little noise machines in their room. The other day while I was looking around Amazon, I stumbled upon the Dohm sound machine. I'd never heard of it before, but noticed it had close to 10,000 almost all positive reviews. It was on sale for $20 off so I snatched one up hoping for the best. And we have not been disappointed. It's an interesting product- it's actually a little fan inside the machine but the sound is almost hypnotic and totally helps drown out noise and assists with sleep. I think you have to try it to believe it, so I encourage you to give it a whirl! I hope you love it.

2) Boppy pregnancy pillow

This is my new best friend. I've never been a body pillow type of person, and I've also never had a pregnancy pillow with either of the boys. I always felt like they were a waste of money. Why buy a special pillow you'll use for such a short time? Well, I now know the answer. To be honest I probably still wouldn't have bought one for myself, but Boppy sent one over and I am in LOVE. I don't know if I ever won't have this big thing in our bed. I've been using it to not only sleep at night (so so comfortable), but also to put behind my back when I read at night. I just can't get over how much more comfortable my sleeping is, and combined with our new sound machine I might just never get out of bed. 10/10 recommend!

3) Eberjey pajamas

First, I just realized that all of my favorite so far revolves around my bed and sleeping. Hmmm. ;) So, lately I've been trying to replace my "like" items with "love" items. So for instance take pajamas. I don't have any I really love, just random pieces that I like but I don't look forward to putting on at night. I decided to treat myself to an Eberjey set and I'm SO glad I did. More expensive than a typical pair from Target, but the quality is so great and they're lovely. I hope to get a lot of wear out of these to make up for the price, and I can already tell that will be the case! My ideal wintertime pajama outfit consists of Eberjey pajamas, any of these soft socks, and my hair up in a big bun. Add in my bed, a book, and a cup of tea and I'm in pregnant lady heaven.

4) Taylor Jenkins Reed

This is a new-to-me author, and so far I've devoured two of her books and I'm about to start on the third. I reviewed the first here, and this is the second one. I love her writing style- it feels very beachy and easy but also intelligent, and her character development and storytelling is just so engaging. I really got sucked into both stories and could NOT put them down. I'm hoping my third pick is just the same. I'll keep you posted, but so far I can't recommend her enough!


I'm not a huge makeup person, but I always am on the lookout for good lip stuff. I love gloss and natural looking lipstick, and when a friend recommended this Dior balm to me, I had to try it. I got it in the Coral color and absolutely love it! It's kind of weird- it supposedly reacts with the chemistry of your lips to bring our your best natural color, and I would have to agree! It's an interesting product that just feels so good on, lasts, and looks great too. It's just the right pop of color for everyday that gives you a hydrating, pretty glow! Love it.

That's it for this month! Happy almost-Christmas! 

xoxo

2 comments:

  1. I don't think anyone else's recommendations of things gets me to purchase as much as yours! Totally trust you :) I just bought the Addict Lip Glow. thank you! have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should check out the documentary Minimalists on Netflix! Really eye-opening!

    ReplyDelete