Thursday, December 29, 2016

Hello, 3rd Trimester!


Officially in the third trimester for about a week and I don't know if it feels this way to you as an observer, but this pregnancy is flying by. It's part awesome- I'm so excited to meet her and have her here- but also pretty sad knowing it's the last time I'll ever do this. I mean, never say never right, but to be honest I think I'm just someone who will never feel done. I get sad just thinking about it and I know it's silly but I am so emotional knowing I'll never have another baby boy like Henry and Charlie. I told you, silly. BUT three feels like a good place to be for our family. Two boys and a girl. One child more than either Hank or I grew up with, so automatically it feels like a "big" family to us. But ask me again when Olive is two or three- I wonder if I'll be aching for just one more.

I had my last monthly appointment a week and a half ago and now we begin the twice-monthly ones. The appointments are typically very short and consist of blood pressure, listening to the heartbeat, and measuring my belly. Then I can ask any questions I may have, etc. Last week I had a few- 1) what can I take for congestion? (any anti-histamine) Can I get one more ultrasound for fun, and try the 3D/4D option? (yes!) And when will we schedule my due date? (in the next month we will schedule her birthday!) It's also always so much fun hearing our little one's heartbeat during these appointments- my favorite. She is moving a TON and is very, very active. Kicks and turns and everything in between.

It's been a really interesting 6 months for me- in the beginning I would have characterized this pregnancy as harder emotionally and even a little harder physically, but now I don't even feel pregnant unless I'm thinking about it. Which is weird, but I can't remember if that's how it was with the boys (although see 29 weeks with Charlie here). I love being pregnant. Sleeping hasn't become harder yet (I know that's coming), but I have been waking up 1-2x during the night. The biggest difference for me has been my super clear skin this pregnancy. With Charlie my face was a mess at the beginning and it was upsetting. This time I've had no breakouts and it's been such a surprise, and made things so much better. No matter how small or cosmetic that may seem, it's hard having acne on your face at any stage in your life. I feel very grateful to not be experiencing it this time around and I hope my skin will never go through that again! As far as food, I've had the same loves- Trader Joe's unsweetened, dried "Just Mangos," their unsweetened applesauce, and anything else apple I can get my hands on. Nothing too crazy but the main theme has been apple. Maybe I picked the wrong food to name her! ;)

It's almost January and then I can say that in two months she'll be here! I really can't wait. We have a TON to do to get ready for her- new flooring and paint in her room, and basically just getting everything all picked out and set up. She will be taking over our guest room, and I'm excited to make it a space all her own. I'm going for a laid-back, warm vibe with neutrals and wood and pink tones. I'm excited to share more of the process, but here are a couple of photos my friend Lauren snapped the other week. I'm not a big maternity pic person, but I am glad to have these to show Olive one day.

xo    



8 comments:

  1. Oh, you're looking amazing! But... good grief, that is NOT Henry?! I remember reading your blog when you were pregnant with him... last year???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! And oh my gosh...I know- isn't he BIG?!!?

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure I am done having kids too but I don't think I will ever feel done either so it is kind of nice to hear someone else feel the same way. Can't wait to see nursery pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a weird back and forth right?!

      Thanks for reading, Kayleigh! :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Oh you are so sweet! Thanks girly!

      <3

      Delete
  4. You look absolutely gorgeous!!! Congrats on being so close!! I cannot wait for baby pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kellie! :) I can't wait for baby pictures either!

      Delete

 
Blogging tips