Sunday, December 18, 2016

Weekend Links


A little over a week until Christmas! Ah! Every year I bet I say the same thing, but it really sneaks up, doesn't it?! I have been getting into a new work groove these past few weeks and it feels so good. The completed office has a lot to do with it, and I can't wait to share more about it soon. I'm just so grateful to have a place just for work, that I can close up at the end of the day when I'm done, and feel like I can leave it behind. Working from home presents a different set of challenges for boundaries, and this is very helpful in that realm. More on that later!

Anyway- I have a ton of fun things on my links list tonight, so grab a cup of tea...and enjoy!

First of all...I wanted to share a few last minute gift ideas, including some from one of my holiday partners, Art.com. I've spoken about them very recently here and here, but I wanted to finish up this collaboration by reminding you guys that if you order by end of day TOMORROW, your orders will arrive by Christmas Eve! Plus, everything is 50% off right now.

The quality of their products is really great, and you can get SO many different types of gifts made in their Photos To Art section, from traditional framed pieces of any size, canvases, and then some of my personal favorites, their wood and acrylic printing. I feel like those last two options are especially fun for grandparents, who always seem to love displaying pictures of their grandkids in new ways, right? I also really love their Switch Art, which is a really fun option for kids. You buy the frame, with a huge magnet board, and it comes with easily changeable magnetic photos. Very cool.



Here are some other last minute gift ideas for you too:

Giftcards! Last year I forgot a couple gifts on our list and instead got giftcards. I didn't send them to their email so they knew I'd forgotten...I instead sent them to myself and printed out the confirmation and put it inside a card!

Amazon Prime. Considering you get free two-day shipping, you have more than enough time to find the perfect gift. I just ordered this diffuser and this dress for two people on our list. I also just got this sound machine to try out, I'm curious to see if it lives up to the hype!

Shopbop. This is my go-to shopping spot and I picked up a few items for my sister and best friends here. A couple FAVORITE gifts to give: these planners and notebooks, and any of these Madewell scarves. Best of all you can use your Amazon Prime shipping to get your items in two days.

And onto some more links --

Did you check out this book review I shared a couple days ago?

Some Oscar nominees break down their toughest scenes.

Lego is the perfect toy...and Henry would totally agree.

So cute: this jacket (in black), this pullover, and this dress.

And speaking of The Oscars, I still really cannot wait to see this film!

Every single kind of these, please. *yawn*

Famous advice on writing.

My forever favorite winter jacket. I'm loving the Drumfire Red color.

Invest in preschool, not the stock market.

A round-up of pictures that show 2016 wasn't a total waste...

Yum! This recipe is at the top of my list. And this too.

Is it weird to have a go-to sock brand? Well I do! ;)

I've been really into Pinterest lately. Find me here.

An interesting article about safe sleep for babies.

I'm always getting questions on my maternity jeans and this brand is my ABSOLUTE favorite and the only pair I own. Expensive but well, well worth the investment.

Wishlist: one of these pajamas sets (I love the buffalo plaid!) and this silverware (goldware?).

I recently got these for books for expectant friends: one and two.

Maybe a good mantra for 2017: Say No More.

An Insider's Guide to Phoenix, Arizona.

A good read: My President Was Black.

And finally, please please click this link: 5 ways you can support the victims of Aleppo. Also feel free to share any other links you've come across for safe donating in the comments below.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment