Thursday, February 23, 2017

Currently.


Reading: The BEST book. I can't put it down, but I'm forcing myself to only read a little before bed each night so I can drag it out and enjoy it. I usually read books way too quickly, and get sad they're over. From the first pages of this one I knew it would be great, and now that I'm halfway through it's only getting better. It's a story about race told from the very different perspectives of characters in the story. I didn't know anything about it when I downloaded the sample to my Kindle, and I'm glad I didn't You should do the same- just get it now and thank me later.

Watching: Arrival. Have you seen this movie yet? It really blew me away and I've been thinking about it a ton since I watched it the other night. I wasn't too sure what to expect, but I was really surprised with how emotional it was, and how much it spoke to me as a mother. I don't want to say too much, but I highly recommend it as one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. Also...HBO! The new season of Girls and Big Little Lies. Regarding Girls, I would say the first episode of this season was one of my favorites yet. I absolutely loved seeing Hannah out of her element and felt really happy for her that she was able to experience that. I just watched Big Little Lies this evening and enjoyed it. I actually thought I had read the book already (and maybe I have but don't remember), but the show so far is so engaging and chock full of great actors! I'm so excited about this series.

Planning: TWO weeks 'til the baby so life is all about getting ready for little Olive! Right now my major focus is on preparing for my maternity leave from Ergobaby, Daley PR and various clients. I'm only taking off a short time but both boys in school and a newborn, I will be able to work during naps and downtime once I return, which is great. Side note- this sounds easier than it will be, so I'll keep you posted on how that is going! haha. We're also finishing up her room and I'm hoping to have it completed as soon as our glider arrives. Although I had to remind myself the other day that she won't even be sleeping in there for at least half of a year! It's so funny to rush rush rush only to not even have them in their room for so long. I still can't wrap my head around the fact that it's almost time...

Dreaming of: post-baby clothes! Oh my gosh- there are so many amazing things coming out for Spring and I am so excited. I don't feel a big rush to get back to my "pre-baby body," (all in good time!) but I am excited to wear normal jeans again. I have my eye on a pair of these for sure- I'm so over super skinny jeans and I want are cute mom-type, boyfriendy ones. Those are quite expensive, but I feel like when you just have 1-2 pairs you wear all the time it's worth the investment. I also love, love any of these from this new-to-me brand, and the frayed bottoms are so cute. Another thing I'll need to keep in mind is that I'll have to find some nursing-friendly tops- I'll do a little round up soon with some ideas.

Eating: I'm so predictable with my pregnancy cravings. Like clockwork towards the end of this pregnancy my love for all things apple shifted for a love for all things citrus! I can't get enough of the tiny Clementine oranges and eat an absurd amount each day. It was same way with my pregnancies with Henry and Charlie. Looking back now the big things that differentiated that I was having a girl or boy seemed to be in the very beginning- besides carrying super high with Olive, I would say most things have been exactly the same, right down to what I'm into eating.

xo

5 comments:

  1. I used to read Jodi's books all the time, but I haven't in awhile. I really do need to though! That's awesome you're so close to having Olive. I hope the pregnancy goes well. :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. The citrus is so good right now. Cava Cava oranges? I just discovered these beauties for the first time in my whole life recently.
    I can't wait to get into that book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you. I'm currently craving Costco's grapefruit packs but trying to resist because all the blogs says it messes with breastfeeding (which I really want to succeed with this time)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just finished Small Great Things! I really, really enjoyed it too, but I'm not as disciplined as you and I ended up devouring it very quickly. ;) I won't spoil any of it by telling you which parts I loved in particular, but it certainly opened my eyes and my mind to something that I hadn't considered before... what a good book!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't watched Arrival and the two series yet, but I think I will start right now! I love watching something so I can't even stop thinking about it :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips