Thursday, April 20, 2017

Five Days New


We got home from the hospital on Sunday, March 12th, and my friend Lauren came over on Tuesday morning to capture some photos of sweet baby Olive, five days new. We wanted to take some relaxed pics at home just loving on our girl, and I'm so happy with how they turned out. I will treasure these forever! And these photos also make me kind of laugh, because anyone knows that a few days after giving birth (and having a c-section nonetheless!) the last thing you want to do is put a white dress on and take photos casually lounging in your bed...but Lauren really made me feel beautiful and I'm SO happy we did it, despite my first inclination that I wouldn't want to have photos taken feeling puffy and in pain post-birth. I think it's probably impossible to not feel this way, but let me be the one to tell you- TAKE the photos. I always feel like that in the beginning and those first weeks are the pictures I love the most. You never get that time back and having it captured is so special. I didn't do newborn photos with us in the frame with either of the boys and I really wish I did- it's so special to see the way Hank is looking at the baby and how tiny she is in our hands. And those feet! So, so sweet. Lauren also took some traditional newborn pics and those are amazing too, and something I wish I had done with Henry and Charlie as well. Luckily I was crazy about photos back then also so I have a ton, but if I could go back I'd totally do this with each baby. 

I'm really looking forward to sharing more about our transition from two to three kids, Olive's arrival, and our new normal very soon. In the meantime, here are a few of the photos Lauren took on Olive's second day at home.

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful: you, her, the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look absolutely gorgeous!!! Congrats on becoming a family of 5!! That's so awesome.

    ReplyDelete