Thursday, May 25, 2017

Five Things I've Loving For Summer


Summer is almost here and I've been "window shopping" online a bit more than usual. I think it has something to do with getting back to my normal self after having a baby...or at least beginning to. It's taken me at least a year with each boy to really feel like "me" again, and even then it's a new version of myself! But in the meantime it's fun to pick out some new cute things to spruce up my wardrobe with a new season. I'm still practicing the new thing in, old thing out rule, so *usually* whenever I add something I really love to my closet I'll give away or sell something old that no longer serves me! This keeps me in a check a bit and helps me avoid my previous issues of keeping EVERYTHING and having an extremely overgrown closet. You can read more about that here and here. When I do sell my clothing though I do it here, so follow along if you're interested.

Anyway, here are the five things I'm loving for this summer! Enjoy, and I hope you find at least one new thing to love too!

1. A good pair of slides.

The ones pictured above are my go to, and you can find them here (30% off too!). These are the easiest way to make an outfit a little cuter and a little more comfortable too. I always wear these when I'm just running around (or camping, post-hike, post-workout, etc!) but for a dressier look there are so many cute ones out right now to choose from. Try these or these (on sale!) and check these out too. And these are a more affordable version of my faves.

2. Non-skinny jeans.

Think boot cut, relaxed with a step hem, you name it. My most favorite pair come from Madewell, but I also love this pair, and these also- both 40% off right now.

3. A pretty white dress.

White dresses are my favorite and there are so many to choose from. It's funny, when I was in college and an active Pi Phi, we always had to wear white dresses for Preference Night each year during rush. That was 2000-2004 and it was very difficult to find cute white dresses. Now, they're all over the place! Some of my favorites: one, two, and three. Or get a jumpsuit version here!

4. A pair of statement sunglasses.

I've been wearing the same pair of sunglasses for years- either these cheapies or these nicer ones, but a few months ago I switched over to a different shape and I'm really happy. Valley Eyewear makes some of my favorites- the DB version is the best. Other options- here and here.

5. Jumpers!

I have always loved a good jumper but this year it's all I want to wear. They're so comfortable and easy for nursing- I just look for those that can slip easily off the shoulder or unbutton. I have SO many favorites but here are my top five: one, two, three, four, and five.

Happy shopping!

xoxo

3 comments:

  1. I need to go shopping for summer! I want a beautiful white dress and some jumpers for the hot days! Love your list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post - I totally agree with these five things (I really want to buy a white dress soon!). Love your blog :)
    -Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete