Sunday, July 16, 2017

August Blogging Challenge

planner here // couch here (in Sienna) // poster here // pillow here // light fixture here

Okay. I've been thinking so much lately about how much I miss blogging on the regular. The other day my friends did a blog post recap in their stories of all of the posts they'd shared that week, and they had posted Monday-Friday, like the good old days! Wow! So inspiring and it made me think about how I miss that. I have the best of intentions but then all of a sudden it's Sunday night and all I've shared is a Nordstrom Sale round up. Fun to share, sure, but I need more meat to this sandwich! I mean, that's why I've always read and still read blogs- I love clicking on fun stuff and online window shopping as much as the next person, but I want the good stuff. The random thoughts, the going-ons, the daily photos. Back in the day I was a newlywed English teacher with all the time in the world to post on this blog. All dang day if I wanted to. Today is a bit different. I run a business and work full time, I have three children, and a very full schedule. Fitting in time to write in my own personal blog isn't always high on my priority list. However it's important to me, and even though some people say that "blogging is dead" I completely disagree. It's different for sure, but I don't think having a space for yourself to share what's going on is ever going to go away. It's a little trickier for me because I am always thinking about the kids and not wanting to share too much, but I think I have struck a good balance and know how to do it right, for our family at least.

SO, with that said- I've decided to challenge myself in the month of August to blog EVERYDAY, Monday-Friday. I'm nervous just typing that out. I think my average is 1, maybe 2 posts a week for the past year or so. And seriously as soon as I typed this I was thinking, "Ahh, no. Just do 3 posts per week! That you can do!" And yes, that would be easy(ish). But then it wouldn't be a challenge right? But I believe I can do this! I'm not talking about insane crazy outfit posts or home tours or life changing advice posts every single day (or any day, haha). Just checking in, talking about my day...BLOGGING for the sake of blogging...that's what I'm going for here. I've tried to blog more in the past but always fall short, so I'm hoping challenging myself in this way will be inspiring and push me to write more.

And why August? Well my kids go back to school, we don't have a ton planned, and I think it's a good time to jumpstart this hobby of mine.

So I have two questions for you-

1) Will you join me? You can a) start a blog, or b) get your old blog up and running again, or simply just post to your sometimes-blog, like me!

2) Are there any topics you'd like me to blog about? I'd love to answer any questions (I might do a Q&A later on), topics, whatever in between all of the other stuff I'll be sharing.

So excited. Kind of nervous to commit to this. But it's gonna be good guys...and I hope at least ONE person is excited with me, either to join the challenge and blog too, or even just read what I'll be sharing. Let me know!

xoxo

24 comments:

  1. I really love hearing about you and Hank. Maybe you could do like a q&a about you guys, or a "How we make our relationship work" post, i'm a fan of the cheesy stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will definitely join you in August! I too have missed the act of blogging everyday, so I'm looking forward to it. A good 'ole blogging challenge.. bring it on August!

    As for topics, I'd love for you to discuss your current workout details. I remember seeing on your IG stories that you just started with a new trainer and, as a result, are focusing more on the food you ate (and how much).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on your challenge!! Blogging consistently in the middle of life gets pretty hard. I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm trying to get my way-less-than-sometimes-blog up and running too. It's been on hiatus for so long! Go for it Danielle! :)

    (Found you will trying to look for easy-on-the-eyes blogs for my web designer! :) HIHI. God bless!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love love love! :) I've been a quiet follower of your blog for the past few years now, and yours is one of the many that encouraged me to (finally) start my own webpage and blog. I'm really looking forward to your challenge, and though my blog is infantile, I may take it upon myself to participate in this daily blogging challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you! I was really thinking about this last week... I have been having blogs since 2001, always with moments publishing every single day, then 6 months with nothing...and then i come back very excited, and then stop again. Now I have been strugling with what to post and where. I always enjoyed having personal blog, like my diary, but 2 years ago I created a blog to post about yoga (my profession) and health life, but sometimes I just want to share silly things or that delicious chocolate cake I baked on the weekend! Then I started to think if I should have two blogs, or just do whatever I want with my own blog, because in the end of the day this is my space and I can do whatever I want, right? Anyway, I think I got so excited with your post that I talked too much LOL, I'll think about challenging myself as well and will follow your posts for sure :) xx Karen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I look forward to your August!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seriously considering joining you. I haven't blogged for over a month and have thought that my blogging days were just over. You know all the excuses: there's no time, I'm too busy, etc. But I KNOW that feeling you're talking about when you look back on a week's worth of content that you created. Not because you had to, but because you wanted to share in your own space. Still rolling this challenge around in my mind a bit, but I love that you're going to do it. I'll let you know what I decide!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that's a great idea! I think I might actually give that a try with my sometimes blog. I'm looking forward to seeing what's ahead for you! I agree, though, with my kids. I feel like I need to step back a tad and make sure I'm not oversharing. Anyway, I'd love to hear more about what you've been up to business-wise!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this! I just recently started my blog, Pages to Passport. I've have been doing 2 a week to ease myself in, and to make sure that I'm creating quality content I'm proud of. We'll see if I end up slowing my role or upping the ante soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i am excited! can't wait for your daily posts! i hope to get back this blogging spirit of mine too. so i am with u in this challenge! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to join you!! I've been trying to add to my page a couple of times a week but it's so hard with life's demands. I love going back and reading my old posts, though so I know it's worth the extra effort!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll give it a try! At the moment, Steve's off for two weeks so I'm actually compiling a diary-style post with little snippets from each day - I'm going to publish it all in one go at the end, but now I'm thinking of it as good practise for August!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Children, Food, Literature, Travel, Fashion, Family...everything you already blog ! You have balanced your blog topics for years. Keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm SO nosy and love to know how and why people store all their things.. like bathroom items- do you store your medicine there or somewhere else? Does your seasonal decore go in the garage, an empty closet? Where do your kids clothes that don't fit yet/anymore go?
    I don't know why but it's so addicting 🙈 We have been steadily minimizing our belongings the last 2 years, so I think that's part of it.


    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't posted since the fall, and I just published. Thank you for this - I'll be keeping up with it with you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like you, I've fallen off the blogging wagon several times. Yes I'd like to join. Making the commitment is scary, but it needs to be done

    ReplyDelete
  18. I neeed this! I've been wanting to get back into the blogging groove, so this would be so helpful! So, I would definitely join you : )

    And for some topics, I guess pretty much anything should be a topic! even doing a vlog!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yay!! I've been following you for 8+years (since Henry was born). Love your blog! I do have a couple questions that you may have touched on in the past but maybe not..

    1. Could you write about how you blog as far as what you use/have used and what you have learned? Tips/tricks for blogging. Wordpress.. blogger.. etc.

    2. How do you feel about having your kiddos on the internet as much as they are. I have a friend who wants to wait until they can ask their children how they feel about being on the internet before they put their faces out there because it will "follow them for the rest of their lives". I really don't understand this mentality and I'm sure you've put a lot of thought into it.

    I've been thinking about starting a blog/journal for myself and this is a great way to start! So thank you for giving me a reason!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah, I'm in, I was logging for another blogger to follow and co-work with so this is just perfect as I really launch my blog content. Your blog is beautiful so I look forward to following and doing this together with you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm totally going to get back into blogging in August (well, hopefully before), so I think I'll join you. I loved doing Journal Days a few years ago, & would totally be game to participate again if you were to. Otherwise, I've got a lot of travel stuff from our recent trips to blog about, plus life in general. Looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I will totally join you! I want to get back to regular blogging, and this is such a good idea!! Can't wait to join you and see what you come up with :)
    Lisa May
    www.topazandmay.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this idea. I've been a quiet reader of your blog since you had Henry and I've always been a big fan of your currently posts. I love hearing what people are up to right now in their lives (I'm very nosey). I have recently started a blog so will be posting along with you in August - it's just the discipline I need :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Im going to join you for this challange! My main issue is that we hardly ever get out and do anything exciting so I feel a lack of inspiration. but I'm going to try and make it work! XOXO

    ReplyDelete